View Single Post
Old 13-06-2018, 17:21   #269
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

I just posted in the Comcast thread, but relevant for here too.

The AT&T Time Warner merger was cleared by a American judge last night which will now pave the way for the next wave off mergers.

As well as the battle for Fox, I expect John Malone to be at the centre of the next batch of mergers involving his various interests from Discovery, Charter, Lionsgate and others.

The CBS/Viacom remerger is delayed at the moment, but once that gets sorted out, as I've said before, I would not be surprised if John Malone merges some of his companies in with them and probably include Verizon too.

I said this in post 6 of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
As I said in my original thread, once he's recreated his US cable empire, which he's now done. Then at some point he'll go for a US mobile company. Then, merge Starz and Lionsgate together (he already now owns a share of Lionsgate) and possibly buy someone like Scripps, or AMC Networks. THen merge all of that with Liberty Global and Vodafone if he can.

I would not be surprised if he then sold the lot to someone like Apple or Google.
Since that post, Lionsgate now own Starz and Discovery now own Scripps. So, although things are not going as quickly as I originally thought they would, it's still on course.