Thread: Firefox Quantum
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2018, 09:58   #24
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Firefox Quantum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Did they remove the option to set MAX CONNECTIONS with firefox??

I remember in 2004 on mauisun someone posted a thread "Firefox speed tweak" and they said they changed thier MAX CONNECTIONS to 48 and it made a huge difference..... I tried the same thing on IE6 and it also makes a big difference! (Default IE6 setting is 2 -- QUITE SLOW)

Anyway......The other day a thread was posted on webuser.co.uk and I mentioned this tweak (It is also a thread about this Quantum) and 2 people said there is NO OPTION in about:config now for MAX CONNECTION.....

Can you get to it in the reg?? (Thats where it is for me on IE)

Just curious........
There used to be a benefit back in the dark ages to do this but i don't think there is any need for tweaking something like that now?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 13-02-2018 at 10:57.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote