Thread: Trespass
View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 16:57   #4
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Trespass

I had this problem years ago and it took months to sort. The trouble I found was that VM would not deal with myself direct and I had to instruct a lawyer in where I needed to prove the land was mine (boundary survey report) and that there was no wayleave for non vital services. I suspect that we needed a lawyer was more to do with my neighbour putting us in a boundary dispute than VM.

My situation was slightly different in that my neighbour said that she owned the land in question so it might be that your neighbour said this as VM assured us that they only did this because they were told by there customer that she owned the land and they had only acted in good faith.

Once I proved the land was mine and that there was no wayleave for services like VM as this could not be classed as a vital service although VM said that a phone line could be classed as a vital service and I remember my lawyer stating in a letter that they could supply the lady in question with a mobile phone among other options example other landline providers, so that blew that argument right out the water.

I admit VM dragged there feet in removing the offending cable, that was until my lawyer made them a very unrealistic offer of renting our land for a £1000 pcm, needless to say they declined our offer of renting our land and after that the offending cable was moved that very week

Good luck but if it is anything like my case you have a battle that you can win and VM know it. I honestly think that VM expected us to do nothing and hope I would go away.

What I will say is VM reimbursed us, plus gave us a 12 month discount on our services as a good will gesture.

What you need to do is check that no wayleave is granted for such services via your property that is of course the service is for neighbouring properties and not your's.

It is my understanding that any wayleave will be noted in your Title Deeds, it may be different where you live as I'm in Scotland.

Good Luck

Last edited by weenie; 16-01-2018 at 17:05.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote