View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 00:28   #3375
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit-Transitional Period Ends 31/12/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Andrew,

I confess not to remember you saying that my question was impossible to answer.

There's no way I'm asking you to 'bail me out'. That you should resort to such a crass remark is only worthy of another contributor whom I mustn't troll in this thread.

It really is a simple question: In your opinion, what ground should the UK give in negotiating with the EU?
I reiterate that that is an impossible question as no one outside the negotiating team has sufficient information to know what the UK's true red lines and objectives are.

My objectives, as you know are to put the economy first as a strong economy enables services like our armed forces and nursing homes to be properly funded and it's beneficial for people's health and in keeping crime rates low. This necessitates as close a deal with the EU as possible so we should elect for a deal like the EFTA countries have without the Schengen area. I'm happy to sacrifice notional elements of sovereignty to join NATO, to join the United Nations, to join EFTA and to join Five Eyes.

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
. . . and now we go over to our Current Affairs reporter from Cable Forum.

Well it's another day of madness here, the usual gangs have been busily sniping at each other from the cover of their keyboards, and exchanging sly winks and slaps on the back for any minor points scored.
There was a moment earlier in the session when a senior board member called for clarification on some of the language used, but all in all it's just been the same arguments on the same merry go round. The scores are still tied at 168 each, maybe tomorrow will see a breakthrough.

Back to the studio for the weather . .