View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 23:50   #473
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Oh please, Andrew.

Farage brought off a major coup for GB News. A gripping 2 hours. BBC et al cannot compete with his style of objective journalism.

So what Farage didn't challenge Trump's claims of a rigged election? Farage is the interviewer not the Democrat candidate.

How do you justify "... in most people's eyes"?

I have observed that Andrew has a tendency to assume “most people” agree with whatever he thinks about something. His posts on here tend to suggest that anyway.

I doubt tonight’s interview will have had any impact on “most people” because most people didn’t see it. I doubt it changed the opinion of most people who did see it, because I suspect by now GB News’ audience is fairly self-selecting, notwithstanding the handful of lefties who seem to get a fetish-like kick out of getting triggered by it on a nightly basis.

All that said, your claim that Farage is producing objective journalism is absurd, as is your suggestion that for an interviewer to adopt a politically contrary position for the purposes of debate means they might as well be a member of the rival political party. Nigel Farage makes good TV because he’s opinionated, but he doesn’t make good political interviews when his views are fairly well aligned with the person he’s interviewing, because he isn’t a journalist and he lacks the skill to probe, challenge or extract new insight from his subject.

If David Frost had approached his interviews with Richard Nixon in the manner you seem to approve of, the series would have been nothing more than the soft historical footnote Nixon’s team had desperately hoped for, rather than something so significant, Nixon sympathisers continue to try to play it down to this day.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote