View Single Post
Old 22-08-2020, 19:35   #1395
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That’s quite a different issue to delivery of entertainment content. I stopped watching tv news bulletins years ago, because they tell me nothing I’ve not seen developing on the news websites throughout the day. Note they’re not suggesting the demise of all current affairs from broadcast schedules, just the two half hour bulletins that summarise what we already know and lack the time for any serious analysis. The weekly politics shows and analysis/documentary productions like panorama, newsnight and their ilk are going nowhere.

Also bear in mind that provision of these news bulletins is mandated by the BBC’s charter, which will come up for renewal in 2027, meaning we are fast approaching the point when horse trading over the shape of that next charter will begin in earnest. That charter, once in effect, can be expected to run until probably 2037. So what that charter says about things the BBC must broadcast in linear fashion, which technology they are permitted to use for broadcast, and what they’re allowed to switch to on-demand only, will be very important, and (I predict) will blow a rather large hole in the fantasy you’ve been pushing on these pages.
I was merely posting the article. I made no controversial comment on it as I am anxious not to upset the delicate sensibilities of anyone else on this forum.