View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 09:40   #1087
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Development(s) Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I understand your frustration but your proposition is worrying to say the least. You think the Hard Brexit folks should have their toys to play with and possibly trash the country because you are frustrated? No consideration for the majority who do not want this outcome or the impact on those who literally cannot afford No Deal?

This is exactly the thinking that Cummings, Farage, et al are relying on: "Make It Stop, I Don't Care Anymore" ..
It's a clear strategy to heighten public frustration. I think much of the "easiest negotiation in history" myths haven't helped. Whether we extend or leave we are still in for years of negotiations with the EU (and others). Probably decades. It's far from a quick win. Even Rees-Mogg conceded this it could take fifty years. Presumably his hedge fund sees quicker returns.