View Single Post
Old 22-01-2018, 17:35   #154
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Shutdown over, Enough Dems will back the CR.
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...o-end-shutdown
Quote:
Senate Democrats say they are accepting a deal with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) for an immigration vote, clearing the way for passage of a bill to reopen the federal government.

McConnell early Monday promised to take up an immigration bill that would protect an estimated 800,000 Dreamers from deportation, under an open amendment process, if Democrats would agree to end the government shutdown.

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y) said that pledge was enough for his caucus to accept a three-week government funding bill, which is now set to pass at noon.

"After several discussions, offers and counteroffers, the Republican leader and I have come to an arrangement. We will vote today to reopen the government to continue negotiating a global agreement," Schumer said.

If lawmakers aren't able to get an immigration bill as part of that larger agreement by Feb. 8, the Senate would then take up a separate bill and "the process will be neutral and fair to all sides," Schumer added.
I wonder if Trump and/or the House Republicans will accept this?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.