View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 21:42   #261
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Been sort of away for a bit so haven't seen too much of this thread when it comes to the anti-Semitism thing but it really is upsetting. I am not exactly surprised there are anti-semites or at least people who, in their ignorance, invoke anti-semitic tropes but what is disgraceful is the defence of it from so many people. I have seen far too many people defending Ken Livingstone in the last week to the point it's making me actually angry to an extent that doesn't really happen much.

The original Labour MP who retweeted the tweet I can forgive (although that isn't my place). She made what seemed a genuine apology (even more so when you read the passages Labour HQ edited out referencing anti-semitism) and somebody retweeting something without considering it isn't exactly unheard of. Whatever. But Ken Livingstone's comments where terrible and he keeps defending them and so do many in the Labour party.

I can't really articulate how angry this whole thing makes me. Expect to say that many of there people would, rightfully, never accept this kind of thing directed at Muslims or others but there is a massive blindspot to anti-semitism as if it doesn't exist. They do the same thing of pretending that it's actually only about 'zionism' but then use terms like 'Zionist media' as if the idea that Jewish people control the media (or other things) isn't one of the oldest and nastiest conspiracies in the book.

Livingstone should be kicked out. People who defend what he said should be kicked out. The party should make clear statements opposing this kind of thing without equivocation. No 'it's bad but' nonsense, clear condemnations.

/rant