View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 00:15   #258
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Corbyn's kerfuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I have to admit, I've never heard the planned killing of 6 million people (along with 6 million gay people, priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters) described as 'a change of circumstances' before...
There wasn't originally a "planned killing". That came later as a result of the "change of circumstances". It wasn't a planned killing just for the sake of it. After all they were kept alive, although not in good conditions. There were even a large number of survivors(over a million) and iirc the biggest group of survivors were the German Jews, who I would have thought would have been first on the list to be killed.

The 6 million refers just to Jews, the others amounted to 5 million and are largely forgotten unless they have a special interest grouping, eg gay, gypsies. A lot of the Poles and Slavs were killed there and then and not kept in camps. How many of those survived, I'm not sure.