Thread: TiVo BBC iplayer problem
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2014, 21:54   #22
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: BBC iplayer problem

I've got a Tivo and a VHD box so feel i can compare. Gave up on Tivo a long time ago for catch up because of buffering - particularly HD at peak times. Works perfectly on the VHD and in better quality, however they are now running that down and withdrawn HD programmes altogether. Gave the iplayer on Tivo a go again tonight for a programme that wasn't on the VHD (Match of the Day 50th thing) - worked ok for 20 secs and then the buffering started. Reports of buffering on the support forum get ignored and VM's hired posters ridicule you for making such a fuss and there is no problem as their service is perfect - I suspect they haven't tried to watch HD programmes at peak times. So VM's strategy seems to be axe the good service and put more punters on the overly congested one, makes sense to someone, somewhere.....

Tivo is so slow compared to the VHD aswell -its overly bloated with apps that don't work properly or nobody uses. If anything they should migrate the software from the VHD onto Tivo rather than the other way round .
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote