View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 06:32   #160
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No such rule exists like that that I’m aware of. Majority leader can raise a point of order to the presiding officer that a simple majority is required, they can deny it but it is then appealed by the chair, then appealed and overturned by majority vote.
They did something on the health care vote to allow it to pass with a sample majority. I think it might be making it a special budgetary vote.

Never mind, found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconc...ates_Congress)

So not the same thing I thought of it as but it does allow them to avoid a lot of this hassle so long as they make it a spending/budget thing and can only do so once a year.

Last edited by Damien; 23-01-2018 at 10:31. Reason: fixed url