Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2022, 01:43   #1211
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I've got two V6s and I'll keep them until there's no option but to change to 360s. My contract's up in June 2023 so I think I'll be good until then.

I know I'll have to move if I stay with Virgin as they won't support TiVo and the V6 for too much longer, but I could do without the hassle and what I have at the moment works fine for us. (We have a Roku streamer for Disney+ and Apple TV+)
This is my position as well. We use a lot of the storage on both our V6 boxes. I’ve currently managed to get one down to around 55%,the other always sits around 25%. I used to keep it down by recording most stuff in SD, but as so many channels have dropped their SD versions, more and more has to be HD which takes more space.

I’m a hoarder. I’ll see something that interests me, record it, then it might be weeks or months before I go back to it. Or I’ll find an older series that I missed and record it all before I work through it. Having only 1 hard drive (or 1 limited to 1TB) means that we’d be close to full all the time.

I know there are more reasons not to, but that’s a big one.

I was among the first to get the tivo when it became public, and same with the V6, but I have absolutely no inclination to change to 360.

Edit: I think I’ve remembered that 360 doesn’t have wish lists? I believe that was my other deal breaker. I use them a lot.

Last edited by savvychels; 13-11-2022 at 01:51.