View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 10:09   #82
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview changes

I had been thinking Merit might stick around for a month or two to give the pretence that it wasn't just for the number swap to the rule-makers, or because there are minimum contract lengths. But I see the "Programmes are no longer available" message on the EPG.

Ah well, guess Sky have no reason to temporarily reuse their vacated Pick+1 LCN which will expire after the 3 months is up. Unless there is a minimum contract for the 3 hours a night sublet of Together+1 space.

A&E have shown no indication of using Blaze+1 and TCC for anything except retaining the LCN, LCNs that aren't exactly attractively prominent, so it's just a waste of their money.

There isn't really any point in the rest moving up one space, it just annoys viewers. Some are already annoyed about the large numbers of channels on the lower numbers moving up for BBC4 in Scotland, and that hasn't even happened yet.

(They really should've moved them by two, just in case BBC3 returns as rumoured. If it doesn't the extra space harms no-one.)

Having said that, I do think Horror Channel and PBS America+1 will move up one, particularly the latter as it's only available to those with HD tuners and HD Freeview equipment has automatic retune capabilities, so (in theory) annoys people less.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote