View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 21:09   #176
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Florida Shooting: 17 Students Shot dead in another Mass Shooting in the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I didn't bother because it's so obvious, first of all you only chose to highlight 2 years which could have been aberrations, then you didn't bother to use it as percentages,.
I did not need to use percentages because I used actual total figures, percentages is irrelevant.

More White people have been executed than blacks over the last 8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy
Mr K's real salient point isn't in question though, if you're poor and commit the same crime as someone with money you have a far greater chance of getting the death penalty than the other guy. I've posted on here before about trials where the defence attorney fell asleep during evidence or was drunk during trials seeking a death sentence
That is not what is being talked about, the assertion was more blacks are being executed than whites and that somehow, there is a racist affirmation being placed in the justice system. The statistics speak for themselves on the wikipedia pages.

In 2017, 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012 and 2011. More Whites were executed as per the death penalty, I do not need percentages or fractions, the numbers speak for themselves.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote