Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 19:44   #2877
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Obviously we haven’t seen TMs deal, but it looks like it’s not Brexit. It looks like staying in the CU, which is not Brexit.

It seems that the issue is the N.I. Border. It’s an issue, but kicking the can down the road and trapping the U.K. within the EU is not the answer.

We must leave the EU and negotiate from outside the EU, it may cause a bit of pain around the N.I. Border but it will focus the minds to sort it out quickly.
That's the point, isn't it? We've not seen this proposed deal in its current form and Theresa May has said explicitely that no British PM would agree to an Irish border, border in the Irish Sea, etc. So it is a bit premature to criticise it before it has actually seen the light of day.

Any agreement to retain the customs union will only last for the implementation period, because as I keep saying, we cannot make our own trade deals while that remains in place.