View Single Post
Old 13-07-2019, 12:46   #5590
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I can assure you Amazon could afford that no problem if and it's a big if they went for more Premier league rights.
£4.5billion is what Amazon make in 6 months.
Another potential one to watch out for is Facebook with the launch of Facebook video they may and again it's a big may want to piece of the football pie.
Ah another poster who confuses having money and having a business model to get a return on investment. They’re not a charity, nor do they engage in philanthropy.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What are you on? I never said they would give it away for free, did I? But they may make it cheaper to subscribe, which of course will attract more subscribers. Nor did I suggest that they would allow the terrestrials to screen all the matches - of course they won't. They will want to ensure that as many people as possible take out a football subscription with them. But that doesn't mean they need to hog it all for themselves. They might do a deal with YouTube, for example, to show highlights - there are all sorts of things they could do to make more money from the Premiership rights.

It remains to be seen whether Amazon would aim to make a direct profit, break even or make a loss from such a venture, but if they went for a loss, it would be with the aim of increasing their overall profit across the business.

Not having made a serious bid last time around doesn't mean to say they won't do so next time.
It was only last year. There’s a lot of speculation and “it remains to be seen” but no real insight on offer as to how they turn £4.5bn burning a hole in their pocket into £6bn+.