Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 19:21   #43
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas View Post
That is an interesting conundrum - actually can she even present both? I am not sure on the aspect of white paper traditions / customs - can it be an either / or option?

Chris / Hugh / Damien etc might know but I am assuming that she will have no choice but to narrow it down to one?

Yeah I figure the EU will tell Davis / Department for existing the EU that they either accept the principles or get no access to the SM / agree to collective trade deals or have tariffs and barriers / allow NI to remain a part of the EU SM or face a hard border etc etc.
Theresa May will not agree to present both options to the EU because the customs partnership option involves remaining in the customs union, which means we can't do our own trade deals. This isn't even an option, as it strips away the advantage for us in leaving the EU - in fact, it leaves us in a worse position than we have now. How does that make sense for the UK?