Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2018, 12:47   #3677
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I fail to see how being nice (or otherwise) comes into it.

The UK are proposing to act in a way that harms the economic interests of both the UK and EU, it’s only sensible and appropriate for the EU to mitigate against this.

If, for example, Scotland were to vote for independence do you think they should renege on debts or it’s share of financial commitments to the UK? Should it’s citizens for example be entitled to a UK State Pension (they paid in after all) without Scotland contributing to the cost? Or would you say they should cover that?
The nastier the regime with which we are dealing, the less we should have to do with them. In the case of the EU, the people have decided by majority to escape their nasty clutches. And they are nasty, even if they are mitigating against the loss of our net contributions. We should leave with no deal and chop the £39 billion to no more than we actually owe. They are not well prepared for that.

Regarding Scotland, the SNP is a treasonous regime (to take an extreme view) and should be treated with the appropriate degree of disdain. A Scottish Referendum result decided their status in our Union. I dare say that if they voted to,secede, our guvmin would not adopt my attitude. I cheer every time Edinburgh suffers atrocious weather.

My advice is at your risk.