Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2018, 17:51   #536
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Looks like Chequers deal is completely dead btw.

I cannot see the Government agreeing even a starting position to take to the EU, there is no majority for anything in Parliament.
I agree. It seems that the EU has got the back up of so many people, the Brexiteers who want a clean break are prepared to scupper any kind of deal at all with Brussels, which is a shame, given that we are looking to do trade deals with the rest of the world.

So it looks like we are heading towards WTO and no deal. I hope all those who have made Theresa May's life a misery with all their claptrap about 'soft Brexits', 'cliff edges' and the like are satisfied. Had they supported her against the hard liners instead of trying to avoid Brexit altogether in defiance of the referendum result, we would have had a proposal for the EU long ago.

However, this is not the end of the world, we can make this work. Unfortunately, without any kind of deal, there will be some casualties.