Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2018, 12:31   #527
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit Discussion (New thread-Follow First Post Rules!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The leave campaign was not and is not the government and has never been in a position to make good on any “campaign promises” ... as I’m sure you’re fully aware, so using phrases that imply the referendum was in any way similar to a general election is a tad disingenuous.
You seem to be missing the point that the side that campaigned to change the structural and economic future of the country for a generation or more had a duty to provide a detailed, workable plan on how they could deliver their goals.

Or are you saying that anyone can just pitch up, promise anything with no obligation to explain how, in the complex real world, their goal can be delivered?

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I stand by my post - we fall on WTO terms.
Stand or fall, make your mind up