View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 22:23   #5834
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Finally got my central heating boiler replaced. Got a fairly good deal for the amount of work they needed to do as well. Unfortunately, I am not sure what the final cost will be as the engineer found that while all the visible water pipes were copper, a lot of the hidden ones were lead, so they've all had to be ripped out and replaced.

I've also gone for a combi boiler, rather than the gravity fed one I had before, so the bills should go down, and they've been able to remove both tanks in the loft, so I have a lot more space up there.

The downside is that because the engineer spent so long having to remove and replace the lead pipes, he was unable to wire up the control system, so I can't currently set any timers or the temperature. He said if we get too hot to either flick the off switch on the combi, or use the valves on the radiators.

Still, it's nice to be warm.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote