View Single Post
Old 14-06-2008, 02:36   #39
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: The Virgin Media cabinets in the street

The kids that you do know, have you tried speaking to them yourself, telling them you find the noise really disruptive?
Or have you gone out shouting like Victor Meldrew giving them hassle?
If it's the latter and I was one of the children I'd be there every night just to wind you up.
You say that council are involved, in what way?
By trying to issue ASBOs or by trying to find somewhere else for them to congregate, like a community centre run by people with a genuine interest in kids and keeping them off the streets.
Adults very quickly forget what it's like to be a child or a teenager.
Adults with grown up angelic children forget even faster.
I speak as a mother of four energetic, loud confident daughters who have a healthy respect for their neighbourhood and for adults who don't shout abuse at them for being children and making noise as children do.
Have you tried speaking to the parents?
Any adult who comes to me and has a complaint about any of my kids is taken seriously.
I don't believe for a minute my children are angels, but it makes a difference whether the adult is calm, clear and concise, or ranting and raving like a loony escaped from the nuthouse.
There's also the kids who know 9/10 times I'll believe the adult and they're then in trouble.

Sorry for the long post but if these kids are drinking, having sex, using drugs or vandalising your area or property which is happening in a lot of places, then fair enough I see your point.
But if they're just being children making children noise leave them alone or move into a retirement home with a warden.
Or better yet help the council to start something up that will keep these children off the street in the evenings.

Mags
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote