View Single Post
Old 28-01-2020, 13:37   #6293
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
My 4 year old iPad Pro just borked - fine last night, no power this morning, and won't charge or turn on (tried everything I could find from the interwebs and Apple Support, but no joy).

I went to my local Apple Premium Service Provider (Clockwork Creative Technology), as they could give me an appointment this morning, rather than sometime next week at the Leeds Apple Store.

It failed the HDI Integrated Current Checker Diagnostic test - can't get any power, so won't power up; can't find anywhere who fixes iPads, just screen replacement shops.

Apparently, they are so integrated in design that they are impossible to repair (except for the screens) - all Apple will do is offer a like for like replacement (same model - 2015 12.9" 128GB) for £589; I might as well buy the new model, and pay the difference.

So that's a bunch of money I wasn't planning on spending this month, but it's my main method of media consumption, so, c'est la vie - it's only money...
How was your old one running under iPadOS? I have the same model and it's running like an absolute dog: Random instances of the touch input freezing and being generally unresponsive. Haven't tried a device wipe yet but that could be the next move.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote