View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 11:03   #9961
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I’d also look at recent rights auctions... in Germany Amazon picked up 16 Champions League games... they got the top pick but the majority were picked up DAZN yet despite reported interest they didn’t make any significant moves for Bundesliga rights.

And don’t forget we only recently had a Champions League auction here before Christmas which would have been a prime (no pun intended) opportunity to make an impact yet they apparently ruled themselves out.

So it again does make me think why they would need to jump from a fairly careful, targeted strategy that appears to have been a success generating new Prime subs (which is the point of their strategy) to a whole new level? If shifting new Prime subs is indeed the goal, you’d have more success with one consistent game per week/round that builds Prime as an overall value proposition.

As I have said, I will never say never but I’d more minded to think DAZN will, assuming their financials can handle it, will be the ones attempting to spoil the party next year.
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote