View Single Post
Old 16-05-2020, 11:40   #157
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: M1000 is available. How to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
If you are in modem mode, then the one port feeding the AX1100 is constrained to 1 Gig.

If you are in router mode, then two LAN ports can each download to a maximum of 1 Gig. So, if you have, say, two PC connected to the Hub 4, each downloading at 550 Meg, then the speed through the Hub 4 coax (the WAN port) will be > 1 Gbps.

If you are in router mode and the AX1100 is connected to one of the Hub 4's LAN ports, it is still constrained to 1 Gig.

I get that 1Gb is going to be my ceiling, but am I right in saying that I don't reach the full 1Gb because of overheads/my Ethernet network latency?
roughbeast is online now   Reply With Quote