View Single Post
Old 27-04-2020, 10:35   #7881
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: What are you eating now thread?

Saturday - shoulder of lamb, marinate in garlic, wine vinegar,honey, garlic, herbs and garlic, sear on barbie, then wrap in foil and cook for a couple of hours, final stage is crisp up outside and add pomegranate molasses. Shred and serve with haloumi, salad, Greek style pitta. Wife to use left over lamb for mousaka)
Sunday - whole chicken with paprika butter smoked using alder and served with salad, tortilla (Spanish potato omelette) and garlic bread.

Need to get new barbie as fire tray on mine has burnt through and it's a discontinued model so no spares. It's a fair sized offset smoker and a decent replacement isn't cheap, saw one at £900 but comment suggest it rusts. The one I like is make from 6mm steep, weighs 250kg and costs over £2k - wife says no. I most use mix of direct and indirect cooking in main box as metal is too thin to use side box for hot smoking.
Hoping that local forge may be able to suggest a patch/repair even for season or 2.