View Single Post
Old 17-01-2020, 12:43   #42
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: M1000 is available. How to order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexz View Post
I was contemplating some kind of double NAT once 1gbit roles out to my area but wonder if the problems that come from using it outweigh the extra speed (if I can successfully load balance that is). Does provisioning more bandwidth for 1gbit help with achieving 1gbit or allow them to advertise it as being "faster than"?
Virgin over provisions all of their tiers as there's strict advertising rules relating to a certain % of customers actually getting that speed. That mostly came from *DSL lines as people were being sold 24Mbit connections that could realistically only get 5mbit (or worse), but the rules apply to Virgin as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssfed23 View Post
Even if the hub4 only has gigabit ports you only need a decent router with 2 wan ports to be able to max out the thing throughout the home. It's not the prettiest solution in the world but it does the job.

Besides, we're talking about 150mbit on top of a gigabit connection here - perspective
I'm aware of this, but Seph specifically mentioned getting a router with a 2.5G port and I'm still curious as to what he planned to do with that. Was it something like Hub -> 2x 1G -> Router -> 2.5G -> 2.5G/5G/10G on a PC? Something like that?

I'm just trying to understand why a 2.5G router is in any way relevant.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote