View Single Post
Old 27-08-2014, 18:22   #295
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Train Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Many of our trains down here in the Westcountry are even older Stuart and by the time they reach Exeter they are packed to the rafters.
It's not the age with Pacers, Den, it's the fact that they are basically a goods wagon chassis with single decker bus coachworks on top. They're noisy and uncomfortable, and that's before they start moving.

When they get going, the body rocks backwards and forwards on its bogies like a merry go round horse, or an oil well nodding donkey, hence the nickname.

I travel between Wigan and Liverpool sometimes and there are a few of these on the route. I always have all my fingers crossed that I'm not going to get stuck on one. They really are horrible.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote