View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 21:25   #1536
AlexanderHanff
Permanently Banned

AlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful oneAlexanderHanff is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
seriously Alexander, it really is the Wan side internal VM IP that VM give your modem, in my case the NTL250

2 23 ms 22 ms 18 ms 10.137.*
3 52 ms * 10 ms bagu-t2*
4 12 ms 7 ms 13 ms bagu-t2core-b-ge-wan22.inet.ntl.com

beleave it or not the NTL250 and VM255 are the ones rated for the 20Mbit service and they do run at that, its even been seen that they run at the full docsis1.1 30+Mbit.

BUT the internal WAN to LAN CPU processing part inside them is real slow sometimes.
Slow is an understatement, the latency on your "2nd" hop is almost as high as my terminating hop to the BBC (which has jumped through multiple hops before getting there).

But I take your word for it.

Alexander Hanff