Thread: UK Timeline End of The Bill
View Single Post
Old 26-03-2010, 16:38   #21
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one
Re: End of The Bill

I think it "jumped the shark" with the last re-vamp. I was an avid watcher until the last change, I just gave up after that. It started to go downhill when they got rid of Reg, in my opinion. Or it could be the loss of confidence the public have in the police in general that could be part of the problem (oops, bit political there ) I believe that if they went back to old format, it would attract some of the previous fans back to the show. In fact I think I have a few unwatched episodes stored on the box.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I gave up on it in the mid 90s. It was great when it was just self-contained 30 minute eps, quick, gritty and with a pithy ending. When they decided to loosen their belts ans turn it into a sprawling soap opera it lost everything that I liked about it. Bit like Casualty, really. I don't bother with that any more either.
I know what you mean, I stopped watching that sometime ago when they went to shaky camera format, like in The Bill.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

I think the cast of Eastenders is about to grow significantly over the next year or so.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote