View Single Post
Old 29-02-2008, 23:29   #334
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Sorry, I see those as two seperate issues. I don't see any necessity for data to be 'graded' upon collection for its accuracy to whether it is genuinely an interest of the customer or if it is the result of the random page generator. I suspect Phorm aren't going to care either, as they are scoring a hit between an interest and a vendor, that just equals a rental of the virtual billboard. If no sales happen then vendors may cease advertising but I doubt they willl; after all adverts still appear in newspapers and magazines with no real way of gauging their 'usefulness'. What I'm getting at here is do we know that Phorm are following the same model as Google and get paid for advert clicks/sales; I think it is more likely that with their closed targetting system they can just rent out virtual ad space on a billboard basis - thus taking no real immediate risk on the sucess/failure of the adverts. In that light, I believe click-through fraud is of no consequence whatsoever, and also means Phorm just have to supply data and not qualify it.

In any rate, I do hope that the operation does get reversed so we don't have to worry ourselves over the ins and outs