Thread: Superhub Ping/latency
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2019, 17:57   #10
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Ping/latency

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
Hello everyone I have the hub 3 and 350mbps broadband but I'm wanting to lower my ping in games like call of duty and Fortnite in call of duty I get kicked from servers alot due to ping and in Fortnite my ping is 25 to 90 my friend has sky just basic fibre unlimited and he gets lower ping in games I can't afford a router so any ideas on what to try as I'm connected via ethernet cable also

Thank you for helping
One of my sons has similar trouble with Battlefield 5, always getting kicked. He has a high -spec gaming machine and is connected by ethernet to our home network. He gets 13ms ping in speed tests.

His partial solution, giving him a whole hour without being kicked, has been to create a dedicated desktop for playing games. He runs it in turbo mode so that all services unnecessary for on-line game play, that might clutter the network or take up processor time, are switched off.

We had tried running our router in Gaming mode and forwarding game server ports to his device, but this had no effect whatsoever.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote