View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 23:06   #1555
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
Is there a simple web page anywhere that explains the key issues and what people should do about it?

I ask because, although I work in IT, this completely passed me by until I read the Berners-Lee article on the BBC site on Monday. Some Google work that evening brought me more up to date.

None of my collegues, nor anyone else I know has any idea about this.

It strikes me that this campaign needs to go a lot wider (remember the e-mail linked, Downing Street petition against road-use charging).

If I e-mail people I know about this, it would be useful to be able to refer them to a page that simply explains the issues and what to do. e.g. Sign the petition, query ISP, write to MP, send DP notice to ISP and e-mail their friends about it.

Most people I know would be concerned and I believe that only a mass campaign would kill this off for good.
http://www.badphorm.co.uk/page.php?2

Should have most things you need, including links to the petition & various other sites...