View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 16:31   #20
john4ml
Inactive

john4ml is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hitron CGNV4 - Static IP and Modem Mode

I was directed to this forum from the Virgin Media Community forum, and the very first thread I find is answered by the very person recommended over there as The Resident Expert -- CCARMOCK

The last post probably answers my queries, but here's a quick summary :

We got the 350 MB service installed recently, with 5 Static IPs. I'm still trying to get it all up & running.
Tomorrow I'll be trying to setup with a Draytek Vigor router as a second router, by which I hope to run everything the way I want it.

I had previously thought I needed to get the CGNV4 Hitron into Modem Mode to make this work. However I see from your post that doesn't exist with Static IPs. That probably explains why I don't see RG Function in the Hitron setup.

Question : in the Lan setup page, should I see the 192.168.0.x range, or the Static IPs range ?

Also, do I need to wait a while after making any changes in the Hitron before seeing the broadband flow through to the Draytek ? Does the Hitron need a wait time ?

I've actually got loads of questions, having messed about with this for so long getting nowhere. But thinking the above probably zooms in enough to get to the point.

Will appreciate any help, cheers
john4ml is offline   Reply With Quote