Thread: General BBC3 coming back?
View Single Post
Old 22-05-2020, 09:58   #12
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: BBC3 coming back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I pay more than enough as it is considering I literally don't watch it at all. Just as Sky has different bundles for movies, sports, documentaries etc, if you are going to be forced to pay what essentially is a monthly subscription for a tv service I should be able to say whether I want BBC, Netflix, Amazon etc. It is pathetic. When you put the two side by side the BBC are like a 3 year old child playing make belief and pretending to do what the gown ups are doing (Netflix and Amazon) if you want to assert they are trying to produce quality programming.
You are not forced to give money to McDonalds if you don't like it and choose to eat at Subway instead so it baffles me how everyone can be forced to prop up a cack tv provider.
I think you are proposing the BBC be like any other channel. But it's a public sector broadcaster. Providing programmes and services others don't do, as they aren't profitable. Choice is good, but we need to cater for everybody, even those that love Antiques Roadshow (which I don't), or Gardeners World (which I do). Drama wise it creates/commissions some of the best UK output. Programmes others daren't make/take a commercial risk with.

I can see this degenerating into yet another licence fee thread !