View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 18:46   #465
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
All I see are Horror Channel and Horror Channel +1, and they are both MPEG2, so they would have been there for a while. I don't see a "New" indicator on them. What are you seeing that makes you say they are New?

The S4C situation is weird, 2 SD versions, 1 Audio Description version and one labelled "Old S4C". Then there are two HD versions which are labelled identically and look identical and are both on the same multiplex, so the only explanation I can think of is load testing. Oddly there is a similar HD duplication for the new BBC Scotland Channel.

I'm guessing S4C has went HD only on VM, except for the AD channel, so I'm guessing it's just that the SD version is still on the network but hidden and relabelled as Old. The recently HD swapped Premier Sports 2 is still there in SD form so it's probably just how VM do things.
The old SD versions will have to be kept there so that customers can view anything that they recorded in SD. This used to be for three months, but alately they seem to have extended this to twelve months.

Btw, I wonder why they use the french term 'Sans Nom' for 'No name' or 'anonymous' in these tables??

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 18-03-2019 at 18:51. Reason: Sans Nom.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote