View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 13:40   #3642
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I'd bet there's a load of stuff on Amazon, Netflix and NOW TV that you'd consider "a load of rubbish" too, yet you're paying for it. What's the difference?
I think there is a big difference, spider. There is far more rubbish on the (non premium) pay channels and good stuff is hard to come by. Channel hopping is the most frustrating experience ever - absolutely nothing of merit on for most of the time. I have always prided myself at how I manage to retrieve a sufficient number of gems from the schedules to record, but this last year has seen a big reduction in shows worth recording. Most of my recordings (apart from the lifestyle programmes for my wife) are from free terrestrial channels and reside on my DVD recorder. Although both of my V6s are 80 to 90% full (with HD recordings) the number of good quality dramas on there is fairly sparse - very disappointing.

Whereas, it takes no time at all to rack up some jolly good stuff on Netflix and Amazon - so many hours of it, I'm never going to be able to watch it all.

That's why so many people are beginning to question the value of their pay tv packages. 200 odd channels and nothing on. And very expensive, at that.