View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 13:00   #3641
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I would liken Netflix and Amazon to subscribing to a premium channel, you're not going to like everything on that channel but its your choice whether to subscribe or not.
The pay tv model is to force you into paying for hundreds of channels in order to get the ones you want.

On another note I am experiencing one of the major downsides to relying on OTT services, when your internet goes down you're fubared!

Thank heavens for Three's unlimited 4G data which via my virtual router is now feeding my devices
I had that nightmare with Origin luckily i'm still with SKY for a couple of months and ofcom got involved with Origin broadband and forced them to allow me to leave without penalty.
With a much better provider now apart from the weekly drop out which is just my dynamic ip addy being changed i've had no issues.