View Single Post
Old 13-05-2022, 16:05   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Would you go and live on the moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
If you were given the opportunity to become a test group of people to start living life on the moon, would you go ahead and board the rocket?
As a young, fit and single man, I would have gone in a flash. These days I have responsibilities. I’d go as a tourist, once it’s reasonably safe, but my pioneering days are long past!

Quote:
I have always wondered why they havent built a massive glass tank and then started taking plants up there and creating a new eco system.
Because it’s very expensive and also difficult, as this recent experiment shows:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-61434295

Quote:
Can you see yourself living on another planet some day?
No, because we won’t be living on other planets in my lifetime. That’s not to say there won’t be outposts on the moon and Mars within the next 20 years; I think there will be. But they will be living there only in the same sense anyone lives in Antarctica. Strictly for research and by appointment only. Properly living on other planets entails people being free to emigrate and set up a home and a livelihood there. Once pioneer emigration is the decision of private citizens rather than at the invitation of governments or mega-corporations, then people will begin to really ‘live’ on Mars. I think we’re many decades away from that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote