View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 17:34   #468
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m still at a loss as to who is the net beneficiary from such a proposition. Not the aggregator - they’re not making any money from the end user and not the streaming services that don’t get promoted.
The aggregator wins because such a service will be likely to attract users of streaming services.

It’s good for the streaming service because it keeps viewers interested in the service they provide as the viewer is reminded of programmes from that streamer that the viewer has already selected. As I said, the absence of Netflix from the 360 watchlist has resulted in us watching Netflix content less.

And of course the viewer wins because navigation between the services is improved. All your selected content is in one place.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You’re just repeating the same point you already made. I get why it’s convenient for you, but it is commercially inconvenient for the streamers, who don’t want their highly branded products to be lost on a shelf alongside all the others, in a tv supermarket run by an “aggregator”.

There are lots of things that would be convenient for customers, but which businesses don’t do because it doesn’t make commercial sense. You repeatedly saying “but I want this” doesn’t cut it.
I think you are missing the point Inam making, with respect. I don’t see how you think the products are ‘lost on a shelf alongside all the others’. The apps can be made separate as they are now - I am merely referring to an integrated wish list, as it works for Netflix, Prime and StarzPlay on the V6 already.

I would remind you that most people would still go to the apps themselves to find out what programmes to add to the watchlist in the first place.