View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 22:45   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Just like the old Series 1 TiVo setup but so quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Glad to see you are enjoying your V6, MD! I am so glad that I changed my Tivo for a V6 a year ago - well worth it.

Although you may wish to use an upstairs box only occasionally, don't forget that this can give you another 1TBs worth of recordings, which you can watch on either box. That's what I do, and I am extremely pleased with this set up.
I was thinking of adding a V6 to my old Tivo setup.

I was running out of space and fancied the idea of using the old Tivo as extra storage. I was planning to use the old box to stream stuff to the V6.

Didn't happen like that though. One day, all of a sudden, the old box rebooted and hang completing the startup. Phoned Customer Services. They said to wait an hour as the boxes can take a while to start. I waited an hour, and it was still hung. The next day, it was still hung, so I phoned VM. They sent an engineer round on Saturday, and installed both a new V6 and a Superhub 3. Sadly, he buggered up my network while installing it, but when he left, it only took me a couple of minutes to put it right. Love the V6. I can't really comment on the Shub, as I'm using it in Modem Mode and the old Shub 1 was fairly reliable in that mode.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote