View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 23:30   #16
pav4n
cf.member

pav4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin launch new WiFi pods and Hub WiFi improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASMO View Post
Customers will be able to request the new service by calling customer care and most Hub 3 customers can order via the Connect App.

i cant see this on the app? any ideas
On the connect app go to broadband and connect to wifi, tap the menu option in the top right and choose "Scan for WiFi blackspots".

This will then take you through a whole process of going room to room and checking wifi signal however it has no idea where you actually are so just walk to the lowest signal point (or down the road) and scan, at first it will try to "optimise" your wifi which probably means change channel and then it should offer a booster when that doesn't work. It only offered me one, the terms and conditions say a 2nd will only be sent following assessment by a virgin media agent inside the account address whatever that means and a 3rd will only be installed by a technician after a review of your network setup.

FYI to anyone trying this, I just went through this process and I am on a discounted Ultimate Oomph package and it explicitly stated it was free for Ultimate Oomph customers and that there would be no changes to my contract but on the final confirmation page it tried to add £5 to my monthly charge!!

I will try to phone them tomorrow as it can't hurt to try for free. According to the Plume site below it supports an ethernet backhaul which I will use so speeds should be reasonable.

https://support.plume.com/hc/en-gb/a...i-performance-
pav4n is offline   Reply With Quote