View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 19:37   #1077
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Thank you all for your views on this, which are very interesting. I do think that...
I understand that concern... what is not being acknowledged... I know so many of you believe... but how much more difficult is it...I note the worries... ... no doubt Virgin Media, Sky and BT will... I am absolutely certain that other providers will follow.

Also, people are not recognising... You will be able to... and all that remains for you to do... which scotches the negative thinking...

Grim is also worried... I think people will... Just enter the date on your mobile phone and set the alert!

jfman, as ever, throws a few wobblers. I think most of these points have been answered over time
Not that I've read.

Quote:
...I simply don't agree... although Sky has a lot of its own content, it probably (reluctantly, I suspect) sees itself going that way as well...

Ultimately, there will be a whole range of streamers available... you can choose what you want... For channels, think streamers, and everything should fall into place...

Although Legendkiller supposes... in common with many who believe things will change very gradually, I cannot agree with this... We are not waiting for the very last viewer to stop watching scheduled linear tv
Do you work in the field? If not, that's a curious use of 'we'.

Quote:
That lesson needs to be learned...
Of course, the people to worry about in all this are the poor, who could not run to spending their money on pay tv or streamers...
Interesting way to describe streamers not offering value for a little more than the price of a London pint.

Quote:
This will be catered for when the TV licence is scrapped... everyone has plenty of choice in the future.
Except for the linear dinosaurs like your wife, apparently.

Quote:
I acknowledge...
No you don't, that's why are are still here five years on having the same debate.

Quote:
People will... Isn't that obvious?
No.

Quote:
Some people will... I still have a huge amount of content to watch on Netflix and Prime
Prioritise that and get Vodafone broadband for £21 a month and a SIM for £15, net saving £63 a month.

Quote:
why would some people feel compelled to chop and change? You are thinking through problems that don't exist.
You are right they don't exist - only the fantasy in your mind.

Quote:
by ditching my subscription to pay tv channels, I would not have easy access
Oh?

Quote:
Discovery.. TLC... Lifetime... Quest Red... Virgin Media UHD channel, Virgin Media Exclusives... I don't want all my programmes scattered around on various playlists - I want them all in one place..

I am subscribed to the top VM package because it is available to me at only £1 above the price I was paying without the Sky premium channels.
A curious way to say that it represents extraordinary value.

Quote:
Sky Sports... BT Sport... being included in the old Full House. They go with the deal, which has saved me £10.99 in subscriptions for the Movie Pass on Now TV.
Cheaper than streaming it, I suppose!

You have all the credibility of a communist dictator enjoying all the exuberances of capitalism while telling the proletariat what to think.

Comrades!

You should get streaming! Uou should satisfy yourself with less choice! greater expense! You should lose straightforward access to content and instead use a range of apps! It will be wonderful!

I'll sit with my V6 on the full package, the market leading product but if you could all cancel to assist the achievement of my glorious vision for the future, that'd be much appreciated!