Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 00:39   #5638
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You're a pixie, my friend! He needs to keep away from ASDA, though!

In many ways, OB is right, but all based on the one big IF concerning the ratio of hospitalisations to infections. That, in turn, depends on the number of double-doses administered, competing with the possibility of vaccine-resistant variants. This latter point is impacted by the time it takes to understand how a new variant behaves.

For what my opinion is worth, we are so close to 21-June but without the key inputs needed for freedom day to be fully realised.

Unless the inputs are convincingly definitive by 14-June, it would seem prudent to take both of the following actions:

1 Not to implement any further relaxations;
2 To lock down any hotspot areas until favourable inputs are observed.

Sorry to shock you, but I (mostly) agree with you.

Except for (2) - how do we/the country manage a local lockdown without martial law? We keep being told by HMG to use "common sense", but, as we’ve seen, it’s not that common…
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.