View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 12:07   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: I've heard some stupid questions, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
Lesson learned. From now on I will carry some cash on me. And never ever do the PTP thing again.
If you were a video game character, your special skill would be blaming other people for your own screw ups.

Credit where it’s due, the thief at your workplace thoroughly inconvenienced you with his criminality (although I’m slightly surprised at your employer for not providing lockers). But everything that followed was the result of your own poor decision making and misunderstanding of how railway ticketing works. Given your well-publicised reliance on the railway network (you’ve posted about it lots on here) I’d have to say that misunderstanding is bordering on wilful. If you rely on these services you ought to know what they are for, and what they are not for. In the case of PTP for example, it seems to exist purely as a concession for people who only have cash and the platform ticket machine only accepts cards, in order to prevent people being unfairly caught out by penalty fare schemes.

I understand your desire to be a good worker but if you don’t have the means to travel, then you just don’t have the means to travel, and perhaps you should have just accepted that. Having decided not to accept it, and to take a chance on the system for your return journey, you really have no business being all pantomime shocked that the ticket seller on your return journey had a hard time understanding what the smeg you were trying to do. It was your behaviour that was odd, not his, and it’s way out of line for you to come on here and call him a moron in the light of everything you did in this situation.

Some people really are the authors of their own misfortune and it’s starting to sound like you’re one of them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote