Thread: General Windows 10 Desktop WiFi
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2018, 16:45   #40
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Windows 10 Desktop WiFi

I give up in sheer frustration, the wombat is now retiring from this palace of confusion.

My thanks to everybody for an interesting and in my case a partially fruitful discussion. And may I add that the Cable Forum is a superb place for resolving problems. That is meant sincerely and not sarcastically.

I wish you all a Happy New Year.

---------- Post added at 16:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That's not correct. The router is normally the thing that coordinates everything talking to each other, much like a telephone exchange would.

In your setup, the printer will continue to work as long as the router is on. For instance you could print from a phone or tablet connected to the router when the PC is off.
My parting gift to Ben.

Sorry Ben, but the router means nothing if the PC, tablet, phone or bull horn is missing. It is the router signal picked up by the control device that gives the router/ printer its instructions not the router.

The TV transmitting station is operating 24/7 but if your own TV is switched off it makes no difference.

Last edited by beaker17; 27-12-2018 at 16:58.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote