View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 16:06   #591
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Why not now? Feels like you’ve been doing exactly that for the past 3 years on here.

I think the problem is people with certain conditions are sick to the back teeth of being told how we ought to feel, how our conditions affect us and what we ought to do about it.
In relation to your conditions, there will be certain common traits unique to every person with ADHD & autusm. However, every individual is different because different people have different severeties, handle & react to their conditions differently, have different reactions to medication and these can vary over time.

I don't, therefore, think it appropriate for you to be told how to feel or how these conditions affect you. These are severe, lifelong & incurable conditions, so it's probably useful to listen to what experts have to suggest, but it wouldn't be professional for a member of staff to tell you what to do about it*, but rather give you a variety of options that you may or may not wish to take up.

* Those in receipt of certain benefits may be required to carry out certain tasks or they could face negative sanctions.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have a carer plus l have family members and friends who help me but the great thing about them is they treat me the way l want to be treated and that is like any normal able bodied human.
If you have a carer, then you aren't being treated in the same way as an able bodied person by definition. This isn't always a bad thing, when I was a child I used to offer to do jobs to help elderly and disabled neighbours, but I didn't do it for those able to do it themselves!
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote