View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 18:08   #7006
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am not confusing anything. I'm afraid you are in denial and your little bubble will burst before long.

It will be interesting to see the content on offer. I might subscribe to this service if there are originals on it and other good dramas that I haven't seen.
I’m unsure how you can describe observable reality as “denial” and my “little bubble”.

You are the one having your vision skewed by confirmation bias. The world you want to see is streaming as thousands of posts demonstrate on this forum.

I’ve tried multiple times to ask why the basic rules of economics don’t apply to streamers. The only way costs come down, after spending £5bn on TV rights, is if Amazon (anyone else) can sell it to substantially more customers. Where are they? This is a basic principle of any service being sold, not just television. Your presumption here is that Sky are bad at understanding price elasticity after 26 years of selling Premiership football as a core part of it’s product, retention offers and through Now TV.

They could attempt to cross subsidise, but this would put them at competitive disadvantage against other retailers in their core market who don’t have to additionally squeeze hundreds of millions of profits out of their sales.