View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 00:14   #1195
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Blackwell Companion to Natural Theology - it's a bit tough reading, I think I need something of a primer to help follow what is going on.
Ooooo, Thomas Aquinas I quite like the ethics of natural law (the Christian theology thereof, not George Harrison) and not just because that’s what the Allies leaned on quite heavily at Nuremberg. But personally I’d resist relying on it too much for its attempts to prove God via reason and observation of nature. Postmodern culture (which is what we live in) is far more responsive to confessions of belief rather than propositional arguments, especially when they’re backed by authentic lifestyle.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote